Thursday, September 27, 2007

Different frames of faith

Should the Bible be questions? Can the Bible only be looked at through the frame of faith?

If you choose to look at the bible from a frame work other than faith, will that have an effect on your faith? Will it automatically make you question you faith if you choose to look at it from a different lens?

  • Different frameworks conflict so it is difficult for people to look at it from different prospective even if it may be good. It is threatening and challenging to question the bible in other lights.
  • "You shouldn't even question the bible… just like you don't question you parents"
    • When I was young, I never really questioned on challenged my parents. I was being taught and given a foundation to live by. However, as I got older, I began to want my independence and question and challenge theme more often. It almost feel like I have a moral obligation now, to teach my mother. The same goes for the bible, when you are young, you don't have the capacity or ability to question or challenge the bible, but as you get older, you learn more, you are exposed to more, you are challenged by it or it challenges you. That is why I am ok with challenging the bible, not "God's word", but the bible. To find the true meaning of it. The only thing constant in the world is change.
  • The problem is we have the tendency to minimize conflict and what that does is screen stuff out.

No comments: