Wednesday, September 12, 2007

CIE DD IS DA SHIT!

This may seem like a really dumb blog post, not worthy of being noted… but guess what? ITS NOT. It is worthy to say that our class is the bomb. I really like the dynamics of our class. It reminds me that I am not in high school anymore. I have had more deep conversations since I have been here than I have had throughout my entire high school career, in fact, life. It makes me really love college in the classroom and outside the class room. I feel like I can make connections with people on so many levels. I feel…. In place. You can't just talk about the you philosophies about the bible or about the deeper meaning behind Gilgamesh, just anywhere( No seriously….who goes out and says.. I am going to go get that book Gilgamesh…nobody!) I feel comfortable going up to people,( even under the influence… I didn't say what influence ;D) and just have a deep conversation. People would think I was crazy. But here I can do that and I love it. What makes our class special is not that we have so many different viewpoints in the class, because I sure that is how most classes are. But I get the sense that

1. We all wanna learn something… we all find it intiging hearing out people's view points.

2. I feel as though we respect other people's viewpoints, even if we don't always agree, we respect it.

3. We have a kool ass teacher, who is just down. I mean he is not a slacker, but he is not all uptight trying to make us do everything. I think it is safe to say that we all respect him for that. He wants us to learn, but have fun with it too.


 

But one thing I do think is important to say, and I think we touched on this in class. It is all good to respect people's thought and everything, but don't be afraid to challenge people. When you challenge and question people, not only do you grow, but they grow from it too. It helps make your ideas and thoughts stronger.

But keep up the ambiance in the class. I dig it!

Yall thought I was playing when I said I was going to write a blog about this. Nope …. Not I.

Well, I can't wait to see yall in class Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent post, it is all so true
everyone who isn't in our class really doesn't like CIE, but i know that it is my favorite class and i feel like it is that way for a lot of people if not all of us in our CIE class, we at least enjoy and like it.

Mandy said...

I agree great post, I could not have said it better myself, this is definitely my favorite class because of the people and their levels of respect and insight.

Tabitha said...

Yeah definately. Every body is always talking about how boring there class is. But it seems like as soon as we really get started, our class is over... and I am like damn... i gotta go to my next class...

annie_J said...

what happened to "our class is the shit." ? lol, just kidding, but really i agree with all you guys and i'm so glad that we're doing more discussion than lecture and more reflection than just 50,000-word papers.