Sunday, November 4, 2007

Is Bias more subtle in text or images?

"It's only art when it says something about the human condition"

" Is it rich, hard and complex?"

Art has become a skill rather than a characteristic or trait.

Art was an expression of individuality. Nowadays I can make the same thing Sally did and call it art. I wonder if we started a school and had each student requird to sit in a room with paper and art supplies for an hour every day. What they come up with and how would that influence their well being. How would they turn out later on in life? Self expression without technology has disappeared from our lives. We now need a computer, but only to leave comments on pictures taken from a camera last night. But who is to say that our self expression, although now through technology, is sany worse than before right?


 

I think bias is more subtle in texts. I don't really know how to prove that, it's just how I feel.

No comments: